Students for Sustainability (SfS), founded in 2008, is a student-run organization a part of the Associated Students of the University of Arizona (ASUA). SfS is the key student organization on campus for student run sustainability initiatives. Having started as an internship program, SfS expanded through its mission and has several ongoing projects on campus including Compost Cats, Green the Game, the UA Community Gardens, Greeks Think Green and more. Students for Sustainability is playing a key role in Project Pawprint by supplying student workers through the Greening the Game and Compost Cats programs.
Role in Project Pawprint:
- Greening the Game program diverts waste at tailgate and inside the stadium
- Engaging attendees on the UA Mall in recycling and compost efforts
- Compost Cats is diverting compostable organic material from Dining Services and from the UA Mall to be made into compost
- Recruiting Volunteers
Objectives Strategies Involved in:
- Reducing Waste on the Mall
- Raising Awareness of Environmental Sustainability
Did you know that Students for Sustainability collaborates with about 20 restaurants in addition to UA Dining Services to develop compost through the Compost Cats program?! The compost created through the program is used on campus and at Tucson schools. What a green way to give back!
For more information on Students for Sustainability, check out: