UA Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) is the department on campus that is responsible for providing parking options and promoting transportation alternatives to UA faculty, staff, students, and visitors at the UA. Naturally, PTS is a partner in Project Pawprint. PTS and the UA Office of Sustainability are working to raise awareness of alternative modes of transportation, ride sharing, and promote the use of alternative fuel and hybrid rental vehicles during Homecoming Weekend.
Role in Project Pawprint:
- Operating parking garages and lots for Homecoming attendees
- Offering preferred parking to hybrid vehicles and high occupancy vehicles
- Developing rental car partnership to provide more hybrid vehicles for Homecoming Weekend
- Promotion of alternative transportation alternatives and programs
- Share transportation related data with Office of Sustainability
Objectives Strategies Engaged In:
- Reducing Travel & Accommodation Impacts
- Developing Best Practices
PTS’ efforts have led to the UA winning the Best Workplaces for Commuters award every year since 2003, and in 2011, the UA earned a Silver rating from the League of American Bicyclists.
For more information on PTS’ sustainability efforts, check out: