UA Dining Services is the organization utilized for catering services for the majority of events on campus. As a part of the Arizona Student Unions they are responsible not only for catering, but also for the meals prepared in the Student Unions. The Office of Sustainability is partnering with UA Dining Services to promote sustainable food choices, help reduce waste on the mall, and gather data about Homecoming related food and beverage consumption.
Role in Project Pawprint:
- Promotional support for the Smart Moves Local and Seasonal Options
- Implementing Smart Moves initiative and greener recipes
- Diverting pre-consumer food waste for use as compost via Compost Cats program
- Share consumption, waste, and recipe data with Office of Sustainability
Objectives Strategies engaged in:
- Reducing Waste on the Mall
- Raising Awareness of Environmental Sustainability
- Developing Best Practices
Over 2100 meals were served at UA Homecoming 2012 by UA Dining Services.
For more information on UA Dining Services and Arizona Student Unions sustainability, check out: